Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Forsyth area parks looking great! Shadowrock Park is open!

Forsyth Mo. - Early April and with the temps flirting at 70 plus, I decided to walk around one of two area parks to see if I could access their state of readiness. Bull Shoals Lake was at near normal levels and rain chances, through the middle of April, looked to be close to normal. So, flooding was not really a concern at the time.

While standing in Shadowrock Park, I looked over across the water to River Run (138 River Run Forsyth, MO 65653), a sister park area that was a bit more upscale as it was more expansive and had toilets and showers centrally located. Earlier in the week, I'd observed crews working on them, presumably to get them prepared for the vacationers that were sure to arrive. I tried calling the Park's official phone number at (417) 546-3646, and while it did ring - no one ever answered. However, I had seen campers already using one or two of over thirty RV sites that were equipped with water, electric (both only in-season) and canopies.
Road


Meanwhile, over at the Shadowrock Park location (715 Park Way, Forsyth, MO 65653), I discovered that this park had opened on April the 2nd. You can reach the park attendant by calling (417) 546-2876! He told me that the newly installed concrete RV pads had working water, electric and sewage.

No comments:

Post a Comment