Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pizza at the Frosted Mug in Forsyth Missouri!


Recently, I brought my stomach and ravenous appetite to the Frosted Mug located at 15861 US Hwy 160 in Forsyth, Missouri! After going through a change in management, I was curious to see if their signature offering of pizza had gotten better or worst or just stayed about the same.

I arrived in the late afternoon on a Saturday in early February when the weather outside was serving up cool temperatures under cloudy skies. The perfect kind of weather in which to enjoy a hot, cheesy pizza! (Actually, any old day is a good day for pizza – a fact my expanding waistline will readily attest to).

According to the menu, I noticed they offer a pretty wide variety of types and sizes, designed to fit needs ranging from single diners to large gatherings. On this visit, my eyes were quickly attracted to both the vegetable and meat versions. I inquired if I could have a little of both and was told it would not be a problem.

While I was waiting for my pizza to be prepared from scratch, I contented myself to ordering a cold frosted mug for which this establishment is named. Hmm. Let me see now, cold beer and pizza! Can it get much better that? While sipping my beer, I had a chance to look around to see what was what. I’ve been coming to the Mug for many years now and have always been impressed with the warm homey feeling that the place exudes.

On this day, that same feeling was still there and maybe this sounds silly, but the staff seemed very friendly and upbeat! Some of them were new, like Karen, who graciously served me during my visit. In the picture below, Heather is showing off the pizza I ordered which I understand is a new creation to be found only at the Mug!

OK, now down to the nitty-gritty. The pizza – was it great, so-so or terrible?? I’ll tell you this about that. It was so good, that half of it was gone before I even realized it. This pizza was absolutely addictive. It reminded me of years back when I used to go to the world famous pizza emporium in Chicago known as Lou Malnati's Pizzeria! They served a deep dish pizza that had customers lined up on the street, just to get in. This pizza was all that and more!

If you get a chance, please stop in and check out this wonderful and friendly icon. The Frosted Mug can be reached at 417) 546-4149 during regular business hours.

Disclaimer: All views expressed here are the sole opinion of the author and were provided as a public service. Forsythbiz.com 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment