Thursday, October 6, 2011

River Run is recovering quickly! Fishermen return!



As of the 6th of October, the River Run Park is beginning to look a little like it’s former self. I had a chance to walk there this morning and was pleased to see that some fishing trailers were parked by the boat ramp. There was also a couple walking around like I was.

It amazes me how fast the grasses have recovered from being submerged for most of the summer. As you can see by this picture of the log that stuck in a tree, the water level was considerable.

As I walked around, I noticed that a few of the trees had died during this period and will need to be removed, but also surprisingly, the area was relatively free of flotsam. A few good rains should take cared of the layer of dust that covers much of the campsites, although they will be useable once the Corps restores power and water to the area. Something I conjecture will not happen until next spring at the earliest.

No comments:

Post a Comment