Sunday, October 8, 2017

Bridge project congestion? What congestion?

Forsyth MO. – With a number of weeks of construction now under its belt, the MODOT Bull Shoals Bridge project has proven to be something of a yawner as far as traffic delays have gone. As a matter of fact, I haven't even heard mention of it from the men I women who I know cross the bridge there on a daily commute. Now does that mean everything will run smoothly at all times? Surely not. However, it does appear as if the engineers do know what they are doing when it comes to scheduling trucks and equipment to lessen traffic impacts as much as possible.

I stopped by the site on Sunday, October the 8th, as I wanted to get a few pics of the progress made thus far. Really, I was amazed to see just how rapid the progress had been! Already, there was sub structure work started on the water itself, along with work that had begun on the River Run side! It'll be interesting to see how far they come by the time of my next visit towards the end of the month!

Having never obtained my GED, I have little knowledge about much of anything. However, I do have an eye for color and odd shapes. And while I like to spend most of my time looking for such at the local grocery store, I do occasionally stumble  upon something that I have no clue as to its function or where exactly it will be inserted into the bridge framework. Whatever it is, it is 'female' and was therefore of interest...

Update: The OxBlue construction time lapse camera is up and running! Interested parties will be able to access it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment