Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sluggish economy noticeable in small towns!

River Run Park, Forsyth MO
Forsyth MO. – As the country continue to grind along at a snails pace, the effects are beginning to be plainly seen even in the small town of Forsyth Missouri where I currently reside. Most notable was the relatively bare parks near where I live. Both Shadowrock and River Run are normally pretty full by this time of year, but as you can see that were rather empty in the mid week shot. I also noticed
Prime Time, Forsyth MO
that area restaurants seemed to be less busy than I remember them being last year, but that could be my imagination. What isn't my imagination, was the report in the local newspaper that tax receipts were down quite a bit for the month compared to years past. Fuel costs, (due in part to the problems in the Middle East) were also on the rise and could spike past the $6 a gallon mark if things go really sideways internationally.

So, things have been very quite early this summer of 2014. I haven't heard even one firecracker go off in my subdivision, and that concerns me more than anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment