Tuesday, October 11, 2011

White River Grill Rockaway Beach!


Even though the sky was overcast and a little drizzle was falling as I made my way to Rockaway Beach, Missouri I was pretty sure I'd find a warm and friendly reception at the White River Grill located in the center of town at 2683 State Hwy 176, Rockaway Beach, MO. I was right about that and was a little surprised to find a good lunch crowd still there even though it was after two in the afternoon. Still, there was plenty of seating and I found myself a good booth towards the back of the restaurant. Right after getting my seat I snapped a picture of the place as you can see above.

My server was a very nice woman by the name of Georgia. She made me feel at home and was a joy to talk with. I ordered a hotdog and fries from a multi-page menu that is one of the best I've seen in the entire area. If you ordered something different each time you came here, it would be about forever before you'd have to repeat something twice!

While I was there, I got a chance to speak with one of the owners, a man named Bill Kitchin who is a well known businessman in Taney County and who seems to know an awful lot while never coming off as a pretentious individual. He told me that the grill was doing well and that Rockaway seemed to be picking up a bit as two new shops had recently opened in town. Good for them!

If you find yourself in the area, please stop in and say hi to these nice folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment