Friday, April 4, 2014

Hills & Hollows Gardens now closed!

Forsyth MO - Located at 20130 US Hwy 160 near the intersection of Hwy 160-76 and just across from the Taney Center is a small greenhouse called Hill and Hollow Gardens. It's run by a nice lady by the name of Rachael and is open just about every day of the week during regular business hours.

I stopped in on a lark to see what was being offered and saw that there was a good selection of both vegetables as well as flowering plants and herbs! I was also amazed to see other cars pulling in while I was there, so the establishment was fairly busy. I'm guessing there are a lot of folks who are itching to get something planted in the ground even though it is very early April.
While there, I noticed a selection of tomatoes I was not familiar with called MarGlobe. Evidently they are a well know heirloom variety that offers a good old fashioned tomato taste! Each four pack was priced at just $2 and so I bought a tray of those as well as a 4-pack of Better Boy tomatoes which are a variety I've grown before. I was also pleased to find that Rachael accepts all forms of payment including visa, debit, checks and cash.

If you get a chance, make it a point to stop by and take advantage of plants that are just the right size for early transplanting. Update: I believe they are now closed for the season and will be returning next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment