Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wagon Wheel Family Dining

I have eaten at the Wagon Wheel Family Dining restaurant a number of times now. I first discovered this eatery about two months ago while going on a sightseeing tour with my sister who recently moved here from California. They’re located at 20262 US Hwy 160 near the three way junction of Highways 160-76 or about 3 miles east of Forsyth Missouri on Highway 160. They currently have ‘winter hours’ which are W-S 7:30AM to 7 PM and Sundays 7:30AM to 2 PM. (These hours are subject to change, so call ahead to make sure).

What I like best about the Wagon Wheel restaurant is how similar it is to eateries I can remember as a youth (that was a long time ago, trust me). Just down home American cuisine at affordable prices. There’s nothing very fancy or overdone at the Wagon Wheel but you get a good feeling eating there all the same. The hamburgers are good and juicy. Just the way I like them. (My sister mentioned that she especially liked the toasted buns). Other menu items include sandwiches like Pattie melts and grilled chicken. The dinner offerings also included chicken fried steak, ham and pork tenderloin to mention just a few. The establishment is owned and operated locally by Judy Alstatt, whom I have had the pleasure of talking with on numerous occasions.

The bottom line is I feel this is a good place with good food at fair prices. Please give them a try and let me know what you think! Note: This establishment is typically closed during the winter months, so call before you go there. The number is (417)-546-4219.

No comments:

Post a Comment